Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

Helaman 4:13 - because of the pride in their own force, they were abandoned to their own forces. If we don't realize that our strength comes from Him, then we'll realize it when we don't have His help anymore. Just like the Nephites.

Well the highlight of this week was Igor's Baptism. He's short, but he's 20. It's cool 'cause he's a guy our (Elder Schiavoni and I) age. He's changed a lot in these weeks that we've been visiting him. He was struggling with depression but bore his testimony after his baptism that ever since he received us in his house, he hasn't felt depression anymore. He says that the spirit he feels when he's in the church or hearing the missionaries teach is way more powerful than depression. It was really cool to hear his testimony after baptism!

Igor's baptism
My testimony was also strengthened by Jessica's testimony. We've been visiting her since her baptism last week and since Sunday, she's really changed a lot too! It's a proof to me that baptism really does change people's lives!

Last week I cut my hair. It's been a long time since I've had hair so short, but it's been nice with the heat to have short hair. And it's been hot, but it'll still get hotter because summer hasn't arrived yet.

cortei o cabelo e desfrutei minha nova cuia :) É bem curto, né?
(Translation: I cut my hair and enjoyed my new bowl :) It's very short, right?)
I had the chance to talk with the missionaries that are serving in some of my old areas this week and I was really happy to hear from the guys in Sarandi (Porto Alegre). They told me that Thiago (who we baptized in January last year) is one of the most active young men in the ward! I got so happy to hear that! Thiago was always a shy guy and I didn't know if he'd stay active or not. But they told me that he goes on divisions with the missionaries, goes to church every Sunday, and passes the sacrament, everything! That made me happy! He was baptized with his brother Gabriel, I think they were my first baptism this year.

Halloween passed by normally without anything happening this year (what a blessing!) unlike last year when Elder Angus and I almost got blown up! So now all the stores are filling up with Christmas stuff (I guess some things don't change no matter where you go in the world!)


Elder Jasperson


No comments:

Post a Comment