Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

General Conference was cool, huh? I guess we all made history since it's the first time that the speakers used their own language. I made sure to write that in the diary just in case it becomes a historic document one day. I loved the talk of Elder Godoy. Elder Bednar also had a great talk.

I'm being transferred tomorrow, so I'll have to use all my time today to say bye to all of my friends here (and to pack my bags).

This week Tainã was baptized. She is 16 and is really opening up with the young woman! She was really shy when we started teaching her and now she's a lot more open! The young woman of the branch are awesome and really are helping her feel included.

I was in Santa Cruz on division this week and we knocked on an older lady's door. I was with Elder Fullmer who is American. He told her that we were Americans and asked if she'd ever heard of the US. She replied "Well, I've heard people talk about that but I don't believe it" I replied "You don't believe in the United States?" she affirmed that. So I had a wonderful moment to bear my testimony and testify of truth "I testify that the United States are true" I said. Elder Fullmer almost died laughing. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to bear my testimony of that again!

Also- this week we tried to make tereré with hot water and that is HORRIBLE! Luckily, we have a window in our house that is great for throwing things out... especially when your mouth is full of hot tereré!


Elder Jasperson

Photos of the Week

Um ovo de um ganso
(a goose egg)

Tainã baptism

Meu cisne de papel :)
my paper swan

No comments:

Post a Comment