A question that we often hear is "Why did ______ have
to die. He was such a good person! Bad people all around are alive and he got
sick (or something) and died?" Well I found the answer in Alma 60:3. I
hope y'all can find it too!
This week was good! We had Ana's Baptism which was really
spiritual. We sang a special musical number and it was really special. Ana
asked that we presented a Hymn that we'd never heard. She liked its name
"Deus é Amor" (God is Love) I don't know if that hymn exists in
English, because I've never heard of it. [Editor Note: I found a hymn in the LDS hymnal called "God Is Love".... not sure if this is the same hymn.]
| Ana's baptism |
Other than the wonderful baptism, not much happened. It
rained all week! Elder Schiavoni managed to fill up his shoes with water. The
next day, he filled up my shoes with water. The next day, he filled up my boots
with water. Then I stopped loaning him shoes. I gave a talk in the Sacrament
meeting which was great. It was about the parable in Luke 14 and how we can
help fill the Lord's Table (the celestial kingdom). The price is already paid,
and the hour of the dinner has come. We just have to fill the table!
| Elder Sciavoni and me |
We're excited for this week because we'll have the baptism
of Jessica! Pray for her so that she can be firm in this decision! There is a
lot of opposition in this city!
Elder Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment