Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

This week I had the chance to teach seminary. I taught thechapters 49-51 in Alma and talked about how high standards help us be protected. We played capture the flag, following the Nephite tactics and it turned out pretty fun.

Anyway, in my personal study, I'm also studying the war chapters in Alma. And I liked what I found in Alma 46. In this chapter (Amalequias(I don't know his name in English)) wants more power. He's seeking a position in the church because he wants to be recognized. I thought about how sometimes we want recognition in our calling or want a "higher" calling. But we shouldn't search for power like (Amalequias). We should follow the example of service like King Benjamin and Jesus (Mosiah 2:14 and Luke 22:26-27) after all, our job in the church is to serve, not to be served!

On Pday, we made some chocolate candies called Trufas. They are chocolate balls filled with sweet stuff. We made them to take with us to our meetings this week and give to the other missionaries. And guess what. When we got to the meetings, the sisters had made Trufas too! And theirs were way better than ours. So we hid ours in the fridge in the chapel and pretended that we hadn't brought them. And then we ate them all ourselves :) Yum.

We were clapping doors one night and my watch fell off. And landed on the other side of the fence. The gate was locked and nobody attended the door. So we were trying to rescue my watch with some tree branches. It was funny because people were passing and looking at two young men in dark clothes (we had our rain caps on because it was raining) trying to get something in someone’s front yard at night! But we managed to get the watch.

Last night, we visited Sister Rosinha. She takes care of her grandchildren as if they were her children. And I sat on the floor and played dolls with her two youngest grandsons. That was really funny. Elder Hortêncio thought I was crazy (but that's normal now) and I really enjoyed myself. We played make believe too, and acted like animals. Playing with children is a good way to relieve stress.

paying with Sister Rosinha's grandchildren
We did a family night with Lurdes, Eliane and Gean too. See the attached picture.


Love Elder Jasperson

vitória and flávia's baptism

another pic from vitória and flávia's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment