Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 1, 2014

Well I now have completed more weeks in Rio Pardo than in any other city on my mission. Elder Hortêncio and I are trying to find different things to do to keep things new and interesting. Like we passed by a horse race track the other day and had a spontaneous rock throwing contest for a few minutes. (Yes, another one of my wonderful ideas :)

But here's some good stories from the week

I was really craving some chimarrão, so I put some water to boil. And then I went to plan some stuff. Elder Hortêncio was looking at the map on our wall, and I was reading in the Area book when suddenly I smelled a certain sort of burning smell... And I remembered! The water! I jumped up and went running to the kitchen.

Well, Elder Hortêncio didn't know that I was boiling water and didn't smell anything either, so he thought that something crazy was happening because his companion bolted out of the room so fast. So he came running after me, almost screaming, "What happened what happened?" Yeah, the pan had dried up all the water. So I filled it again and put it to boil. Several minutes afterwards, Elder Hortêncio was looking at the map on the wall and I was reading in the Area Book... And yeah, I smelled that smell again...So we decided to have chimarrão a different day.


We were having lunch with an older lady and she put out (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment