Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

This week started off with an awesome lunch- I sliced some potatoes and fried some potato chips and then I grilled a chicken leg in our sandwich maker!

That wasn't the end of the good food of the week- because Brother Heleno made us Texas Burgers and Fries :) It was almost the same thing! We ate so much that E. Tavares called out "Estou Gravido" (I'm pregnant!)

Kauã (that kid from last week) found us in the road this week and asked me if I had shoe polish. He'd got some black shoes to use to go to church and wanted to polish them. I told him to take them to church with him and that I'd polish them for him there. So he took them. And I spent a few minutes sitting on the floor in the chapel polishing his shoes. That was a nice moment of service. I could feel the power of service. I know that sometimes we have to be humble and serve someone. Even a kid that can be annoying.

This week our ward was blessed with 4 baptisms. Dênis and Maria Eduarada were baptized by Elder Collett and Elder Pradera, and we baptized Mário and Clarice. Dênis is a great guy! I did his baptismal interview and it was cool because he's my dad's age. He kind of looks like dad too --maybe because he's kind of bald... ;) Anyway he's really happy to start his life anew. A large part of his family already are members of the church, living in the nearby city of Viamão. So a bunch of his relatives came to see the baptism and the chapel was really full of people!! We sang a musical number.

Clarice is Vanderson's mom, who felt touched after her son decided to be baptized and decided to be baptized too. Mário is 16. He was a reference from another young man we were teaching, Edson, who ended up getting a job and he stopped investigating. Mário's mom is interested now in the church and we're teaching the whole family!

Today is transfers, and we're all going to stay here in Alvorada!


I've only got 5 more weeks to serve the Lord. I don't feel ready to finish my mission, but I can't avoid it. I'm hoping to give my all to finish the mission awesomely!

Elder Jasperson

Mario and his mom


Vanderson's mom

chicken leg in our sandwich maker

corn ice cream

Vanderson learned to the new tie knot!

Our party pancakes to finish the transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment