Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 18, 2015

This week was a cool week. We're teaching several awesome investigators. Here's a cool story about finding Carla:

Last transfer, I'd made contact with Carla and her daughter in the street. They'd given the address in the road called "Almirante Tramandaí." Well, that's at least what I'd written. But that road wasn't on the map. Almirante means something like "General" So I figured that maybe it'd be the road Tramandaí, which was on the map. But we never had time to go there 'cause that road's far away. Anyway, I always remembered that contact and felt like I should go there. Well last week I made contact with a guy who gave me the address "Almirante Tamandaré." I immediately remembered Carla and realized that was probably the name of her road too! So we went to find her. And we knocked on her door. Carla opened the door and said: I've been waiting for you, Texan! I didn't even remember that I'd mentioned I was Texan, but she did! She has been searching for the true gospel for a long time- her first question for us: Where is the prophet in our days? What a great lesson that was!

We've been blessed these weeks with some other great investigators like Carla. This week we found the best burgers I've eaten in Brazil. At a place called "Good Hamburgeres" (yeah, cheesy name) we decided to buy a burger to see how it was and Wow that thing was AMAZING! I love good burgers :) It even came with real french fries!!

Another cool food story? We bought peanuts and we made peanut butter in our blender! I'm wasn't a fan of PBJ's, but I'm learning. Peanut butter is really great too! I guess the sandwiches aren't that great because we could only find diet jelly at the store.

homemade peanut butter
Last Pday we played soccer- and guess what? They said that I can play as good as a Brazilian now! Yes!!! My mission is now complete!!

Love Y'all!

Elder Jasperson

heavenly father smiles over Alvarada!

we traveled to Rio! (NOT)

No comments:

Post a Comment