Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

This week passed by really fast. Elder R. Santos is in his last transfer, and so he'll return to São Paulo on the 15th. Which is making everything pass by really fast. But this week had some highlights-

First off, we made potato soup. Elder R. Santos thought that I was crazy for putting milk into soup, but in the end, he liked it too. We bought a bunch of potatoes and we've been eating soup all week!


We had some new adventures this week because we found some shortcuts marked on an old map in our house. So we kept our eyes peeled because these trails connected some of the roads that we walk a lot. And then we started to find them. I sent some of the cool things that we saw.

o novo atalho :)
"the new shortcut"

This week we were privileged with the baptism of Taís and Graziele. Taís is 10 and Graziele is 13. Their mom is called Lisiani. She wants to be baptized, but she'll have to get married first. And her husband doesn't want to do that. Anyway, Taís is really smart and witty. Graziele is shy, but pretty funny. They were really excited to be baptized. The rest of their family liked the baptism a lot and said they'll start coming to church too.




I had a great lesson on Saturday with a young woman we're teaching. She'd already received a response to her prayer, but had lots of doubts. But after praying about the Book of Mormon, she told us that she's certain. We marked baptismal dates with her and her mom for the 19th! It was a great lesson. She used to go to the Universal Church (one of the popular churches here) but she decided that she wants to follow the Church of Jesus Christ

This morning we had a cool experience. We taught class in a high school. We were asked to present our religion to a philosophy class. And so we did. They had lots of cool questions and it was fun to be in a school environment again.

Anyway, we've got a soccer game today, so I've got only a little time. Happy 4th of July! This week I'll make one year in Brazil!


Elder J

Pictures for the Week


minha nova bola. Tô praticando futebol quase todo dia para que possa jogar melhor. Também é um jeito divertido de fazer exercícios :)  

[Google Translate edited by Dad of the above] -- my new ball. I'm practicing football almost every day so I can play better. It is also a fun way to exercise :)



us in the rain




No comments:

Post a Comment