(Editor's Note: the missionaries are going to the Porto Alegre Brazil Temple today. So their P-Day was switched from Monday (i.e., yesterday) to today.)
To start this post, I didn't take any cool pictures this
week (I didn't take any uncool photos either) so here's a picture that I didn't
take (the caption should be "Picture that I didn't take")
![]() |
| picture that I didn't take |
This week we didn't have as much time to study, due to a few
things out of the norm that happened. For example, we had interviews with our
mission president this week. But, I found two scriptures that I'll share this
week...
- Abraham 3:25 - This life is a test. We should always be asking ourselves if we're passing it.
- D&C 10:4 - God wants us to be diligent, but to be diligent we don't have to work more than we possibly can.
Anyway, the rest of this note will be a little short,
because we're going to the temple today and have less time than normal. (Sorry,
but I like the temple more than I like y'all)
This week I ate Javelina, which was pretty good, even though
Elder Soares refused to try "that ugly pig meat!"
This week the weather took on a new pattern. I call this
pattern "The sun probably exploded, Arctic Ocean, the sun probably
exploded, Arctic Ocean" If this name doesn't make sense to you, imagine
how you would feel if the sun exploded. This feeling is almost immediately
followed by the feeling of the Arctic Ocean falling on you.
Probably as a
result of this, I was sick yesterday.
I was really sick, actually. I couldn't sleep very well, and
when I woke up, I threw everything up. After sleeping for a little longer, I
drank some water, which immediately came back up. So I got dressed, and we
planned for the week. After planning, I asked Elder Soares to give me a
blessing, which he did, and I used our "lunch hour" to sleep some more.
After that, I got up, drank some water and ate a saltine cracker (which for
some reason we happened to have in the house, thanks to some ancient missionary
who passed a while back) and we left. It was pretty hard at first, walking in
the street during such wonderful weather (see above), but by the end of the
day, I was fine!
We experienced a wonderful blessing on Sunday when one of
the recent converts here brought 3 of her nieces to church. They told us that
they'd grown tired of their old church and decided they'll go to ours now. So
we've been passing their house every day since to help them prepare to be baptized!
It is such a wonderful thing when members bring people to church with them. In
just two days since Sunday, these three girls have prayed about the Book of Mormon,
received a response, and have decided they want to be baptized. They only thing
holding them back is the approval of their moms.
Another miracle that happened this week caused us to have 2
fans in our house now! :) Yesterday, even though we didn't plan to pass by the
part store (which doesn't have the right part anyway, we'd already checked),
Elder Soares decided to carry our broken fan blade with him. As we walked, we
passed a new store we'd never passed before, which sells parts of machines. We
entered and asked if they sell fan parts, and they said no. We showed them our
fan blade, and a miracle happened- The owner happened to have the exact blade
stored away in his office. His personal fan had broken a while back, and he had
decided to save the blade. It just so happened to be the exact blade we needed!
This adds to my testimony that God is really looking out for us! Last night we
slept like angles because each of us had a fan :)
Anyway, I'll be sure to take a bunch of pictures at the
temple, so next week there will definitely be more for you to see! (Instead of
read)
Love,
Elder Jasperson

No comments:
Post a Comment