This week started out great! I got mail again! Every time we
have a zone conference, I think, is when we'll get mail.
Mail is great to get, but my responses will take a while (around
a month) to get to y'all. And so feel free to email if you'd like to communicate
more rapidly!
Anyway, this week I finally started to cook a lot. I threw a
bunch of stuff together to eat for breakfast. Cornbread, potatoes with onions
and eggs, roll-up pancakes. Yeah I ate pretty well J I love eating, still.
One thing that everyone needs is food. And to eat.
Anyway, here's some scriptures for the week:
I was studying a lot about our 3 core lessons---The
Restoration, Plan of Salvation, and The Gospel of Christ. All of these really
fit together into one big lesson called life. We left the presence of God, came
to earth to learn, grow, and follow Christ's example. We have prophets to guide
us. After this life we can return to God if we were faithful in completing all
5 steps of the gospel- Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost and
Enduring to the end.
Also, I liked these scriptures (Portuguese, because that's
cool)
João 7:17 se alguém quiser fazer a vontade dele, pela mesma
doutrina conhecerá se ela é de Deus ou se eu falo de mim mesmo. [translation from Google Translate: if anyone wants to do His will, know of the doctrine whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself]
Basically, if we want a testimony, we have to do the will of
God. We can't get a testimony just because we read the scriptures. We have to
live the doctrine in order to know if it's true or not. For example, we can't
get a testimony of repentance unless we are repenting. The same thing applies
to all parts of the gospel. We can only gain testimonies if we are living
righteously.
Alma 13:24 Anjos estão preparando pessoas. [translation from Google Translate: Angels are preparing people.]
All around us, people are being prepared to hear the gospel.
I see this a lot personally in our investigators. We baptize people really
quickly because they really are ready- pre-prepared by angels.
D&C 123:12-17 Nosso lei é trabalhar. Nossas obras vão
mudar o futuro. [translation from Google Translate: Our law is working. Our works will change the future.]
The people we touch will touch other people. It's like a big
tree. It grows exponentially. Every person that we help is really thousands of
people.
| Baptism symbol |
| At the beach with other missionaries |
| Our branch president at the beach |
| our baptismal font! |
Elder Angus came in on Tuesday. He's pretty cool. I don't
have any pictures of him except of those of our baptisms from yesterday.
We've been working a lot to find new people to teach because
we've baptized pretty much all of our other investigators!
Watching General Conference was pretty cool! We watched the
sessions on Saturday at the house of Carlos Martins. He is super helpful for
us. We watched the first session with English subtitles, and the other without.
On Sunday, everyone in our branch picked a bus for Capão da Canoa to watch the
sessions there. That was nice, but it was really crowded and noisy. And only in
Portuguese! Haha I liked how a lot of the talks were about helping
missionaries. I'm learning how essential members are in conversion.
We baptized Rita and Marcia this week. Rita is super cool.
She is always super helpful for the missionaries, giving us references, and
cake! Even though she doesn't have much, she gives everything.
Marcia wants the best for her family. She is always working
(at a supermarket here), and it's hard to find her in her house. But her family
is super awesome and we're excited for all of them!
I love you all! Have awesome weeks!
Elder Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment