Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 14, 2013

This week we walked. And walked. And walked. (Abraham 2:16)

But first, I studied the Plan of Salvation a lot this week. I made two diagrams during my study this week and have included them with this email (sorry, they're in Portuguese). 



Also, I read a tiny bit about the Brother of Shared. I didn't learn much from him, but I think it's cool that he exists. Read about him in Ether 14:3. In Portuguese, Shared is "Sharede" and it's pronounced like (share-edge). I think I might give that name to one of my sons.

So here's why this week was all about walking. We walked. And walked and walked and walked. We were looking for new investigators. We already have a bunch, but you can never have enough, right? So we walked to all the parts of our area. We tracted in the two richest neighborhoods, but didn't have much success. The people in those areas work during the day so most of them weren't home. We talked with a lot of maids, but they didn't have much interest either.

Right now, most of our investigators live in the neighborhood Primavera (which means spring). It's the longest one from our apartment, about 40 minutes walking. We walk there and back 2 or more times every day. On Sunday, we decided we wanted to walk with our investigators in a big group to church. Elder Souza and I left our apartment at 6:30. We searched for 22 people, and only 3 went to church. It started to pour, and we called for some members to drive and pick us up. So our plan was a fail, but I think we're going to try it again next week anyway.

One thing that we did this week was destroy a house. Rita (who we baptized last week) is going to build a new house (her family, actually, is going to build the new house) (okay, really, it's going to be a construction company, I think). Anyway, we helped them destroy the old house. So that was pretty cool. It was full of ants, and that wasn't very cool. But we didn't get any pictures because we forgot our cameras. On Sunday we passed by and helped them again- clearing up all the rubble so they can lay a new foundation. It had been pouring all Sunday morning, so everything was really wet and messy. Luckily, we didn't get too dirty!



 We met Antônio this week, and he is awesome! He knows more about our lessons than we do! (Well not really). But he has already memorized all of the scriptures that we use in our lessons. He already knew about apostasy and the spirit world... So that was cool! His problem is that he knows all of the info, but he won't put it all together. Sadly, we don't think he has interest.

One last thing- here in Brazil, they have different rules for Checkers! That was surprising!  I was playing it and suddenly the rules changed! Kings can move as far as they want with each move (as long as it is in the diagonal, and this includes jumping and double jumping!) Also, pieces can move backwards to jump, and you are required to jump when you can. So if you every play checkers with a Brazilian, be prepared!

Here is a huge bug that we found!



 I love you all and hope that you are doing well! I love to hear from you!

Elder Jasperson

No comments:

Post a Comment