John 14:15 - to obey is to love. This is also expressed in
John 14:21 and 15:10. If we love God, we'll obey him. Or at least we should.
But we don't always relate obedience with love. We just think, well, I love God
but I want to do things my way. But that's not a very good way to show our love
to God. If we love him, we'll obey him.
This week was completely full and busy with teaching lessons
and stuff. In the end, Letícia and Laóne, who were going to be baptized,
weren't because of some family complications. Not everybody manages to overcome
the difficulty of a family that doesn't support them. But we ended our week
happy and satisfied because we had a lot of good lessons. The family of
Alberson is asking to be baptized and he wants to buy a suit now. He's even
asking about when he can serve a mission!
I started the week out on a pretty awkward foot. We were
making contacts in the street and I saw a well-dressed couple. I didn't pay
attention to the fact that they were walking with brief cases and bibles. Or
that they were abnormally happy. Turns out that I made contact with two
Jehovah's Witnesses. They almost passed me their address though!
We are in Porto Alegre today because we're going to visit
the temple. Since Elder R. Santos is finishing his mission in three weeks, it's
his last time on the mission. Close to the temple is a mall and we went inside
to find something to eat. I'd forgotten how everything here in Porto is so
expensive! But we found a Chinese buffet that had a promotion- you paid for you
food by the weight- about 50 royals per kilogram- but they had the promotion
that the maximum you'd be charged was 20 royals. So we grabbed two plates and
just stacked on a ton of food. We checked out with about 2kg each of food but,
in concordance with the promotion, only paid 20 royals each! I don't think the restaurant
people were expecting that!
Now we'll be passing through the temple. I really love being
able to go to the temple.
Have a great week, everyone!
Elder Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment