This week was fast and a ton of stuff happened. But once
again, I don't have time :(
I loved General Conference, especially Dallin H Oaks' talk
and David A Bednar's too. One of the Seventies that spoke (Aidukaitis is his
last name or something like that) was a mission president here in Brazil. So
instead of listening to a translator, they ran a recording of him giving his
talk in Portuguese. That was cool. I wonder if that do something like that for
Elder Uchtdorf in Germany?
Here is the rest of the story for last week’s headlines!
TWO MISSIONARIES TRAPPED IN A GARAGE WITHOUT LIGHT
So we were returning home one night. And it's always a pain
to enter in our apartment building because there are two gates and a door you
have to enter and the locks don't work very well so it's a pain to use the
keys. And we saw that the garage (that is under the building) was open because
someone was leaving. So we decided to enter through the open garage door
because we'd be able to skip the annoying gates. Anyway we entered and soon
after the garage door shut behind us (it's automatic).
Well we didn't think about how that would affect the whole
light situation, but we found out. The garage was really dark, but luckily, I
always carry a flashlight in my bag. So we had a flashlight and we're trying to
find a door to the stairs when we find a gate. Well it's the same sort of gate
that is outside of the building so we felt pretty bummed that we hadn't skipped
the gates after all. But then things got worse- this gate needed a different
key. And we didn't have it. Well the only way to open up that garage door is
with a remote, which we also don't have. So we were trapped.
We spent some time looking at the cars and stuff and Elder
Moreira ate the xis that I had bought him just before returning home (because
we had a race and he won). We were down there for quite a time and learned some
cool things about how various types of shouts and voices echo in different
ways. Finally, someone returned home and opened up the garage again. I won't be
trying that again anytime soon!
WOMAN ASKS MISSIONARIES TO BLESS HER SON'S MOTORCYCLE
So we taught an elderly woman (who was a reference of a
member). The member asked that we give her (the investigator) a blessing. So we
did. On the next visit, the woman said that she felt so good after the blessing
that she knows it helped her be safe and healthy. And then she asked us to give
her son's moto a blessing because she was worried that he'd crash. I think it
was a miracle that I didn't laugh after seeing the look on Elder Moreira's
face.
Until next week,
Elder Jasperson
No comments:
Post a Comment