Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17, 2014

Well what a good week we had! Started off with our visit to the temple, and ended with the transfer! I'm being transferred again! So I'll let y'all know next week where I ended up. It's sad to be transferred, because I've really loved this area. I've never been in such a good ward before. Anyway, more on that later.

I kept reading more in Mosiah this week, and found that King Benjamin knew his stuff!
Mosiah 4:7 -this is the man that receives eternal life- 4:6
      -puts faith in the Lord
      -keeps the commandments
      -endures to the end

Mosiah 4:10 and now, if you believe in this stuff, do it! I like this part. This is the key to the gospel and eternal life. It isn't just about believing it. A testimony that the Book of Mormon is true won't help you. You have to act.

Anyway, I felt like I was in a soap opera this week. Eduardo and Jessica are that couple that we helped separate a few weeks ago. We were planning to help Eduardo be baptized this Sunday. But guess what happened- he passed out in the bathroom. His mom found him there several hours afterwards, and took him to the hospital. He was white and cold to the touch. Luckily, he turned out to be okay. But when he woke up, guess who was at his side? Jessica. The trauma of him almost dying helped her remember that she really does love him. So then and there he asked her if they can get married now and she said yes. So his baptism will come after their marriage. (Which, sadly, I won't be here to see :-() I really like these two. I'm really happy that they've decided to get married after all!

So after going to the temple (which was a great experience) we started our week off with Wednesday. And from the start it was a good day. We taught a lady called Ivanir. She started crying during the lesson. I've never seen anything like this on my mission yet. She was touched by the truth and started crying! So we finished up the lesson and asked her if she wants to be baptized and she said yes. We asked her to say the closing prayer and she started crying all over again. It was a really powerful lesson! I wish that everyone would have an open heart like hers so that they could feel the truth testify to them.

We also had stake conference this week. It was nice, too. President Wright and his wife were there, and it's always great to see the mission president.

To conclude, be excited to read my email next week! Being transferred surely will help me have more to tell!

Hasta lá vista! (Spanish) Até logo (Português) Sib ntsib dua (Hmong)

Elder Jasperson

Elder Wilker and me at the temple

our new water filter is already brown!

I got a package from home!

a tree shaped like Moroni

my new tie is very good

No comments:

Post a Comment